Participation in extracurricular activities encourages the development of leadership skills, sportsmanship skills, commitment, accountability, and a true sense of belonging for our students.
Throughout the year, students will be able to:
- Participate in a variety of fine arts and activity clubs of their choice.
- Develop individual physical skills, cooperative group skills, social skills, and emotional skills that can be used throughout their lives.
- Take risks in a safe and healthy environment.
- Participate on competitive (6-8) athletic teams.
- Participate in a variety of non-competitive “no-cut” (K-3) and (4-5) athletic opportunities.
- Work alongside coaches and sponsors as role models and mentors throughout their development.
Kids in Action!
Get your sports physical today!
As we focus on educating the whole child, we are putting extra effort in ensuring all our students play and practice safely. We require all students that are participating in any after school sports or physical clubs have a Sports Physical. Sports Physicals are good for one year from the time they are administered.
In order to assist our families with completing these Sports Physicals, there are a few close locations to choose from. Parents and/or guardians can call to schedule an appointment:
Mountain Park Health Center - At any of the Mountain Park Health Centers, with insurance, the Sports Physical is FREE, without insurance the Sports Physical is charged on a sliding scale. Call: 602-243-7277 and request a sports physical.
Phoenix Family Medical Clinic - At any of the Phoenix Family Medical Clinics, with insurance, the Sports Physical is FREE, without insurance the Sports Physical is $30. Call: 602-773-5546 and request a sports physical.
Terros Health - At any of the Terros Health clinics, with insurance, the Sports Physical is FREE. For established patients without insurance the Sports Physical is charged on a sliding scale. Call: 602-685-6000 and request a sports physical.
Thank you for helping to ensure our students are practicing, playing, and participating safely!