In the Alhambra School District, student safety is our top priority. With the recent increase of attempted luring of children in the Westwood area, the Alhambra School District is contracting with a security company to provide additional security in the neighborhood. Beginning Friday, April 26, Blackstone Security Inc., will provide an unarmed patrol service in a marked vehicle in the Westwood and Simpson school areas. The patrol will take place Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. through the end of the school year.
The security vehicle is a rust-colored, Dodge Ram truck with a company sign that says Blackstone Security Services. In addition, the driver will always be wearing a security uniform.
Thank you for your continued support in helping to keep our students safe to and from school.
Avico de Seguridad
Con el reciente aumento de intento de engañar a los estudiantes en el área de Westwood, el Distrito Escolar Alhambra está contratando con una compañía de seguridad para proporcionar seguridad adicional en el vecindario. A partir de hoy, viernes, 26 de abril, Blackstone Security Inc., ofrecerá un servicio de patrulla desarmada en un vehículo marcado en las áreas escolares de Westwood y Simpson. La patrulla llevará a cabo de lunes a viernes de 6:30 de la mañana hasta 4:30 de la tarde hasta el final del año escolar.
El vehículo de seguridad es un camión Dodge Ram de color oxidado con un letrero de la compañía que dice Blackstone Security Services. Además, el conductor siempre llevará un uniforme de seguridad.
Gracias por su apoyo continuo para ayudar a mantener a nuestros estudiantes seguros desde y hacia la escuela.
School Safety and Security
The Director of School Safety and Security is responsible for the safety and health of students and staff, and safety program management to include: accident prevention, loss control, risk identification, and safety training of district employees. The Director of School Safety and Security is also responsible for managing the district's security programs and for providing direct support to school principals.
The Director of School Safety also:
- Guides school safety teams in performing campus risk assessments on district facilities, equipment, grounds, playgrounds, vehicles, and employee work practices.
- Ensures district compliance with state and federal safety, health and environmental regulations and law.
- Responds to emergency situations anywhere and at any time within the district and to requests and inquiries from district employees and the general public regarding safety and accident prevention within the district.
- Analyzes accident reports to determine trends and deals with liability and property insurance issues.
- Works closely with site administrators to ensure all students, staff, parents and community have a safe environment at all district sites.
- Monitors Safe Schools Program with School Resource Officers on four of our campuses in the District.
The Director of School Safety works to ensure the following:
- Staff members are educated on Crisis Team emergency procedures.
- Monitor and record drills and evacuation exercises throughout the school year.
- Emergency response plans are updated.
- Ensure that staff understand and practice safe appropriate work practices.
- Provide support and consultation to school principals.
- Consultation may involve the police, the assistant superintendent, superintendent or legal counsel.
Montebello School Resource officer, Ken Anglin leads the staff and students in an assembly honoring our nation's Veterans and First Responders in a Veteran's Day celebration. Our thanks go out to Officer Anglin, the Phoenix Police and Sheriff Departments, the Phnoenix Fire Department, the Jr. ROTC Color Guard from Alhambra High School, the staff and students at Montebello School, and to the many veterans and first responders who have answered the call to service.