School Safety and Security
August 12, 2019 Safety Alert
It was reported that a suspicious man tried to lure a neighborhood girl by asking her if she wanted a ride. The incident happened between 30th Avenue and Solano Drive. The incident was reported to the Phoenix Police Department. The person was described as a white male, 20-30 years old, with medium black hair, no shirt and with tattoos on his shoulder and right arm. If you notice suspicious people around the Cordova area, please call the Phoenix Police Department at 602-262-6151.
In the Alhambra School District, student safety is our top priority. Although we review safety precautions with students, it is imperative the school and parents team together. Whether students are walking to and from school, or even playing in the neighborhood, certain precautions should always be taken to ensure the safety of your child(ren). Please take a few minutes to reinforce the following “stranger danger” guidelines with your child(ren).
I hope these tips are useful for your family. Please take the time to talk with your child(ren) about this important topic. Click the links below for stranger danger information.
Estimados Padres de Familia:
Esta tarde se informó que un hombre sospechoso trato de atraer a una niña del vecindario. El incidente ocurrió en la esquina de la calle Solano y 30 Avenida. El incidente fue reportado al Departamento de Policía de Phoenixde un hombre americano, de piel blanca, de approximadamente 20-30 años de edad, con cabello negro y corto, con tatuajes en su hombro y brazo derecho. Si observa personas sospechosas a cerca de Cordova, llame al Departamento de Policía de Phoenix al 602-262-6151.
En el Distrito Escolar Alhambra, la seguridad de los estudiantes es nuestra principal prioridad. Aún cuando nosotros repasamos las precauciones de seguridad con los estudiantes, es de vital importancia que el personal de la escuela y los padres trabajen conjuntamente para reforzarlas. Ya sea durante la ida y el regreso de la escuela, o mientras juegan en el vecindario, hay ciertas precauciones que deberían tomarse en todo momento para garantizar la seguridad de los niños. Les agradecemos que dediquen unos cuantos minutos para conversar con sus hijos acerca de las siguientes reglas generales sobre el peligro que puede representar una persona desconocida (stranger danger). Presione abajo para obtener información sobre peligros extraños.
Director of Safety and Security
The Director of School Safety and Security is responsible for the safety and health of students and staff, and safety program management to include: accident prevention, loss control, risk identification, and safety training of district employees. The Director of School Safety and Security is also responsible for managing the district's security programs and for providing direct support to school principals.
The Director of School Safety also:
- Guides school safety teams in performing campus risk assessments on district facilities, equipment, grounds, playgrounds, vehicles, and employee work practices.
- Ensures district compliance with state and federal safety, health and environmental regulations and law.
- Responds to emergency situations anywhere and at any time within the district and to requests and inquiries from district employees and the general public regarding safety and accident prevention within the district.
- Analyzes accident reports to determine trends and deals with liability and property insurance issues.
- Works closely with site administrators to ensure all students, staff, parents and community have a safe environment at all district sites.
- Monitors Safe Schools Program with School Resource Officers on four of our campuses in the District.
The Director of School Safety works to ensure the following:
- Staff members are educated on Crisis Team emergency procedures.
- Monitor and record drills and evacuation exercises throughout the school year.
- Emergency response plans are updated.
- Ensure that staff understand and practice safe appropriate work practices.
- Provide support and consultation to school principals.
- Consultation may involve the police, the assistant superintendent, superintendent or legal counsel.
Montebello School Resource officer, Ken Anglin leads the staff and students in an assembly honoring our nation's Veterans and First Responders in a Veteran's Day celebration. Our thanks go out to Officer Anglin, the Phoenix Police and Sheriff Departments, the Phnoenix Fire Department, the Jr. ROTC Color Guard from Alhambra High School, the staff and students at Montebello School, and to the many veterans and first responders who have answered the call to service.