Welcome to Transportation!
Our goal is to ensure our students’ safety to and from school. The Alhambra School District transports students by school bus if students live more than one mile from the school; if students live within a one-mile radius of the school and hazardous or difficult routes exist such as children crossing major intersections; and for students with disabilities who require transportation. For more information about transportation, or to find the nearest bus stop, contact your local school or the transportation department.
Transportation Safety Rules
As parents, you are an important part of a total safety program for children who travel by school bus. Children need to learn to be safe pedestrians as they walk to and from the bus, and to be safe riders when they’re on the bus. Make sure they leave home on time so that they walk to the bus stop and arrive five minutes before the bus is due. Running can be dangerous.
In order to ensure all students safe transportation while riding on a school bus, the following rules must be followed:
1. Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early.
2. Wait for the bus in a safe place in an orderly manner.
3. Get on the bus in a single file line. Never push.
4. Bus driver’s instructions and directions will be obeyed at all times.
5. Bus aisles will remain clear of all objects.
6. Remain properly seated at all times.
7. Keep your hands to yourselves at all times.
8. Students may talk quietly or in normal conversational voice.
9. Keep everything inside the bus.
10. Glass containers, live animals or insects, and extremely large objects are prohibited.
Reglas del Autobus Con el fin de garantizar que todos los estudiantes transporte seguro mientras viajaba en un autobús escolar, las siguientes reglas deben ser seguidos:
1. Llegue a la parada del autobus 5 minutos temprano.
2. Espere a que el autobus en un lugar seguro de manera ordenada.
3. Suba al autobus en una linea, y no empuje.
4. Respetar al chofer y siga sus reglas e instrucciones.
5. Pasillos de autobús serán siendo claras de todos los objetos.
6. Siguen siendo colocada correctamente en todo momento.
7. Mantenga las manos a sí mismos en todo momento.
8. Hable en voz baja y no griten.
9. Todos deben dejar todo adentro del autobus.
10. No traiga al bus, vasos de vidrio, animales, insectos, o objetos muy grandes.
Community Link to Transportation Information
By entering your students address, you and district personnel have access to an interactive map known as 'infofinder i'. It shows all available Route stops, Routes and schools that a student may be eligible for based on your home address.
Clicking the link that follows will allow you to locate and view which school and bus stop your child is eligible to attend based on your home address. Simply enter your address and you will see if you are eligible for transportation or if your home falls within a walking boundary.
Also, sign up for automatic notifications and submit questions or concerns directly to a staff member of transportation.