Summer 2023 Pandemic-EBT
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) to administer Summer 2023 P-EBT in partnership with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). Students meeting the eligibility requirements will qualify to receive the Summer 2023 P-EBT benefit of $120.
View the Summer P-EBT Flyer found here to determine if your students are eligible to receive the Summer 2023 P-EBT. Depending on your student's school, you may need to submit a 22-23 meal application by May 26th 2023 to determine eligibility.
- May 2023: P-EBT Eligibility Portal opens for schools districts to report
- June 30, 2023: Deadline for school districts to submit eligible student data to ADE.
- July 14, 2023: ADE will send the first Summer P-EBT eligibility file to DES for processing.
- August 4, 2023: Deadline for final record adjustments to ADE.
- August 2023: DES will begin issuing Summer P-EBT benefits to eligible students.
For additional questions, please call the DES P-EBT hotline at 1-(844) 841-3802.
How much money will I receive?
Students meeting the eligibility requirements will qualify to receive the Summer 2023 P-EBT benefit of $120.
When will I receive the summer P-EBT benefit?
DES will begin issuing Summer P-EBT benefits to eligible students in August 2023.
Why are students at some schools automatically eligible, while others are not?
Students who attend the following schools are automatically eligible for P-EBT benefits: Alhambra Preschool Academy, Barcelona, Carol G. Peck, Cordova, Granada East, Granada West, James W. Rice, Madrid, Sevilla East, Choice Learning Academy, Westwood, and Valencia. This is due to these schools being approved for a special meal provision this year. If your student was enrolled in one of these schools in May 2023, then you will not need to do anything to receive the P-EBT benefits. It will automatically be sent to you through DES, provided your student's school has your current address and parent/guardian information.
Students who attend Alhambra Traditional School, Catalina Ventura, Global Academy of Phoenix, and Sevilla West MAY be eligible for P-EBT benefits if they have been approved for free/reduced meals with a 22-23 meal application by May 26, 2023. If you are unsure whether or not this applies to you, call the Child Nutrition Department at 602-336-2980. You may submit a meal application at family.titank12.com. Click on "Apply for Meals Today."
My student attends Alhambra K-8 Online Academy. Are they eligible for Summer P-EBT?
Unfortunately, if a child attended a virtual academy, such as Alhambra K-8 Online Academy, the student would not meet the eligibility criteria for Summer P-EBT benefits. This is related to the program requirements set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
I didn't get my P-EBT card. What should I do?
DES will not begin issuing Summer 2023 P-EBT benefits until August 2023. If you believe you are eligible for P-EBT but did not receive payment:
1. Contact your school front office to make sure the parent/guardian and address is updated on your students' accounts in Synergy. Make updates if necessary so your updated address will be included in the next data pull.
2. Call the P-EBT Customer Service Hotline at 1 (844) 841-3802 Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. excluding holidays.
3. Call the Alhambra Child Nutrition Department at 602-336-2980 if you have remaining questions or need additional assistance.
Call the P-EBT hotline at 1 (844) 841-3802.
Or contact Alhambra Child Nutrition at 602-336-2980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org