Transportation Safety Rules
As parents, you are an important part of a total safety program for children who travel by school bus. Children need to learn to be safe pedestrians as they walk to and from the bus, and to be safe riders when they’re on the bus. Make sure they leave home on time so that they walk to the bus stop and arrive five minutes before the bus is due. Running can be dangerous.
In order to ensure all students safe transportation while riding on a school bus, the following rules must be followed:
1. Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early.
2. Wait for the bus in a safe place in an orderly manner.
3. Get on the bus in a single file line. Never push.
4. Bus driver’s instructions and directions will be obeyed at all times.
5. Bus aisles will remain clear of all objects.
6. Remain properly seated at all times.
7. Keep your hands to yourselves at all times.
8. Students may talk quietly or in normal conversational voice.
9. Keep everything inside the bus.
10. Glass containers, live animals or insects, and extremely large objects are prohibited.