History of Alhambra
The Alhambra Elementary School District was organized on August 6, 1888. Our first school was a one-room brick building on Shady Lane, now known as 33rd Avenue, between Grand Avenue and Indian School Road. Today, the Alhambra Elementary School District is no longer a small school on the west side of Phoenix. We now have 14 elementary schools and serve more than 13,500 students in preschool through eighth grades. We are proud of our history and strive to maintain our excellent educational traditions.