Assignment of homework within district schools shall be of a constructive nature, directly related to the course of study. Homework shall not be considered as a disciplinary measure and shall be personalized whenever possible to meet the individual needs of the students.
Homework activities may include:
- Unfinished class assignments or makeup work for classes missed due to absences.
- Reinforcement of skills learned in the classroom
- Projects which supplement materials studies in the classroom
- Written work which permits the application of skills being developed
- Problem-solving skills
- Assignments shall be made if children understand the process and have had sufficient practice to do it unaided.
- Assignments shall not be given for disciplinary reasons.
- Assignments shall not require books or materials which are not available at home or where resource materials are limited.
- Assignments must clearly serve a purpose.