All students are required by Arizona State Law to attend school. The Alhambra School District defines excess absences as absences more than 10% of the days in membership for the school year. This excludes absences due to certified illness, disease or accident. The office will phone home on all unexcused absences from school. It is the student’s responsibility to make up all work missed during an absence. Academic grades may suffer as a result of excessive absences or tardies. Please call our school office, at (602) 841-1403, with any questions or concerns.
- School starts at 7:25 a.m. and ends at 2:10 p.m for all students. Students may begin to come onto campus at 7:00 a.m. to enjoy breakfast in their classroom.
- Parents are to call the attendance line, (602) 336-2639, to report all absences and tardies. You may also email email@example.com. Please call before 8:00 a.m.
- Failure to report an absence will result in a phone call from the school to the parent at home or at work.
- If phone contact has not been made with the school, a note from the parent must be presented to the homeroom teacher the morning the student returns to school. The note must contain the student’s name, the date of the absence, specific reason for absence, and be signed by the parent or guardian.
- If an absence has not been reported within 48 hours of the date of occurrence, the absence will remain unexcused and will not be changed.