Vision & Mission
Growing Today for Excellence Tomorrow
The Sevilla Elementary School - West Campus community is committed to continuous growth through building knowledge and confidence, fostering strong relationships and making learning rigorous and relevant well beyond the classroom.
SWELL - Stduent Wellness Environment and Lifelong Learning
- SWELL’s mission is to provide a school environment that promotes health, well-being, and an increased ability to learn.
- SWELL aligns to Alhambra Elementary School District Student Wellness Policy.
- SWELL is guided by our Sevilla school vision of Growing Today for Excellence Tomorrow.
Our belief at Sevilla Elementary School - West Campus is to provide our students with high-quality instruction and programs to build our future for success.
- High Expectations: We believe we are accountable for ensuring excellence in achievement and character for our Sevilla West Family.
- Professionalism: We believe we are a talented, highly skilled, and enthusiastic staff of educators who serve as positive role models for our community.
- Relationships: We believe that fostering mutual trust and respect takes an investment of time and intentional effort.
- Continuous Growth: We believe we are highly motivated teachers who will reflect and continuously seek opportunities to improve.
- Collaboration: We believe when we share our individual strengths and experiences we empower the group for the greater good.
- Students: We believe that all students can be successful in a culture of caring and understanding.
- To provide students with an engaging and rigorous curriculum along with the support and expectation that every child can reach academic success. We will provide our students with the highest-quality academic programs available, which include the use of FOSS hands-on science, Ready Mathematics, McGraw Hill Wonders 4-5 Reading Program and McGraw Hill StudySync 6-8 Reading Program, as well as the research-based reading intervention program, Success For All
- To provide a safe, productive, and nurturing environment that recognizes that all students are unique in their own way. What makes our students unique include their academic strengths, athletic ability, cultural background, personality, and/or religious beliefs. We value all all students; everyone matters.
- To increase parental and community involvement by providing a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of the students, parents, and community members. All parents are welcome to take an active role in the decision making process through attending our School Community Council meetings. We offer learning opportunities for parents and students through our Curriculum Nights, Family Nights, and Bring Your Parent to School Day.
- To allow our students to interact with updated technology so they are prepared to enter high school and beyond. Each day our students will interact with SMART Boards, cps responders, Mac Books, and I-Pads while engaging in rigorous and challenging classroom lessons.