School Safety & Security
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. William Smith
Welcome to the Alhambra Elementary School District's Department of School Safety and Security.
The safety and security of our students and staff is our highest priority. Our role is to develop and provide services which promote a safe and productive environment, to ensure an educational experience of the highest quality.
email@example.com • 602.336.2931
More about the Director of School Safety & Security
The Director of School Safety and Security is responsible for the safety and health of students and staff, and safety program management to include: accident prevention, loss control, risk identification, and safety training of district employees. The Director of School Safety and Security is also responsible for managing the district's security programs and for providing direct support to school principals.
The Director of School Safety also:
- Guides school safety teams in performing campus risk assessments on district facilities, equipment, grounds, playgrounds, vehicles, and employee work practices.
- Ensures district compliance with state and federal safety, health and environmental regulations and law.
- Responds to emergency situations anywhere and at any time within the district and to requests and inquiries from district employees and the general public regarding safety and accident prevention within the district.
- Analyzes accident reports to determine trends and deals with liability and property insurance issues.
- Works closely with site administrators to ensure all students, staff, parents and community have a safe environment at all district sites.
- Monitors Safe Schools Program with School Resource Officers on four of our campuses in the District.
The Director of School Safety works to ensure the following:
- Staff members are educated on Crisis Team emergency procedures.
- Monitor and record drills and evacuation exercises throughout the school year.
- Emergency response plans are updated.
- Ensure that staff understand and practice safe appropriate work practices.
- Provide support and consultation to school principals.
- Consultation may involve the police, the assistant superintendent, superintendent or legal counsel.
Montebello School Resource officer, Ken Anglin leads the staff and students in an assembly honoring our nation's Veterans and First Responders in a Veteran's Day celebration. Our thanks go out to Officer Anglin, the Phoenix Police and Sheriff Departments, the Phnoenix Fire Department, the Jr. ROTC Color Guard from Alhambra High School, the staff and students at Montebello School, and to the many veterans and first responders who have answered the call to service.